Monday, July 14, 2008

Saturday, June 14, 2008 Getting Ready

Sooo today is the day before our big two week tour, and thus I spent the day eliminating clothes and other stuff that I wouldn't need so that I would have only the most basic of stuff and be able to travel light for the next two weeks. I think I managed it.

After packing and saying goodbye to my grandparents and everything, I crossed over to Europe (because I live in Asia) to stay with the other peeps since I'd decided that it would be smarter for me to be over there since we would be leaving at, you know, 5 or 6 in the morning...

Since it's our luck, the lights went out right then, and thus we had a lot of fun walking around with lanterns from Pottery Barn or something and using Amanda's headlamp to see. This was also when I fell in love with my cell phone for the third or fourth time. It has a really powerful light that comes on when you're trying to take a picture at night and there's no light, and that came in really useful when we were walking up and down stairs and also to see in the bathroom. Fun and exciting moments. It wasn't as much of an issue when we decided to just stay inside, so my phone and the headlamp got to rest for some time since we had a lot of candles.

While staying inside we decided to play a game, which was fun, and then we went to bed and slept for a couple hours before waking up. And then it was time to travelll!!!!

So here's where we'll be going in the next two weeks:
-Canakkale/Gallipoli
-Troy
-Bergama.....(Troy and Bergama are pretty close to each other)
-Selcuk
-Pamukkale
-Egirdir
-Konya
-village in the Taurus Mountains (name is Esenler--the s has a squiggle so you pronounce it "sh")
-Capadoccia (Kapadokya in Turkish)
-Ankara
-aaaand back to Istanbul!

No comments: