Friday, May 23, 2008

Short Post on Sunday

This will be a fairly short post. It will be about my Sunday. Sunday was a good day. I had fun that day. I got out of the house fairly late actually to go to Galata to the other students' apartments (I was supposed to be there around 10, I woke up [I know...but I was running on 3 hours of sleep from the night before] at around 12 but thankfully all was well since the meeting was postponed.

Well, I got to the apartment of the other students, but they weren't there. And the door to the apartment itself was closed. BUT all was well because I decided to just walk up and around Istiklal Caddesi assuming that maybe I would see the guys and meet up and hang out. It was also good exercise, and I was able to test whether or not I really knew how to get to the other people's apartments. And apparently I was :D

Not finding the other students at the apartments, I walked up to Istiklal Caddesi and then I saw that there was an opening into another street behind, or next to Istiklal Caddesi. Being the inquisitive little person I am I immediately decided to check it out, and while walking around, I came upon a semi-museum type thing that was hosting some exhibitions. To spend time doing something cultural, I decided to go in and check it out. The decision was helped by the fact that there was no entrance fee apparently because it was museum week, which made me very happy :D

I went in. It's a five story building, and on the first two floors there was supposed to be exhibitions of Turkish pottery and coins and whatnot, but they were still setting up those exhibitions so I couldn't go in to check it out. However, there were other exhibitions going on: one was on the 4th and 5th floors of some of Miro's sculptures and paintings. The 3rd floor exhibit was of the collages made by Villegle. I don't have too much information on either of the artists but it was obvious that both of them were highly respected people. Here's a photo of the entrance to the collage exhibition...




There were some very impressive collages made by this person. The one I really liked had a lot of blue in it, and it had some surprising contents. Here's a photo of the whole collage itself...

And here's one of the detail...



Here's another interesting collage from the same exhibit...



This one I think is a rather political one, but it looks very interesting and honestly cool so...

Here's one that probably had freedom and peace as its main theme...

After walking through the exhibitions, I went back to the guys' apartment, but the door was still closed, so I decided I'd check out the supermarket they've got to see if maybe they were there, and most happily, they were! So having found them, I hung out with those awesome 9 other people and had a good time. After that, I went home, ate dinner, and slept the night away until the next morning, when our class actually started. A wonderful time.

And this post is probably longer than I intended it to be but that's because of the pictures. The collages were really nice, and I decided not to photograph any of Miro's artwork because then most likely I would've had to explain them and I honestly had no idea what they were about even with their names on cards in front of them. A fun day :D

1 comment:

Canguzel said...

yavrum, yazarken bu benim pazarim filan gunum hakkinda diye yaziyorsun, iyi guzel ama, hangi pazar? o gun hemen postalamis olsan gunu cikacak fakat boyle uzerinden gunler gecince unutabilirsin.
lutfen, Mayis 18'i filan diye not dus bundan sonra, olur mu ipegim?
cok guzel yaziyorsun, bazen yine slang gibi ifadelerini okuyorum. bana tuhaf geliyor yazi dilinde oyle sozleri gormek. insaallah artik bu konularda da biraz daha itinali yazarsin, cocugum.
Tesekkur ederim.
Sevgilerimle,
canguzel